Saturday, March 26, 2011

Soha, Kunal ready to marry

Facing the camera with her mom was not an easy task for Soha Ali Khan who was "nervous" while shooting with Sharmila Tagore for the film "Life Goes On". This is the first time the duo will be seen together on screen.

"I didn't forget my lines or anything, but I was nervous because she has a very good aesthetic sense," Soha told in an interview here.

"When in a good mood, she is amazing. But when in a bad mood, it's like the worst thing ever. But she was very good and restrained during shooting and also suggested to me to follow director Sangeeta Datta's instruction carefully," added the 32-year-old actor who was here for an event.

"Life Goes On" opens Friday and it is an emotional drama about generational conflict set in contemporary London.

Asked about her expectations, she said: "I have no expectation and I have learnt not to expect anything from films. Yes, it was great working for the movie. I got a chance to work with ammi (Sharmila). It's quite an emotional movie where the journey of the loss of a mother and family is portrayed in a sensitive way," she said.

Banker-turned-actress Soha made her debut with Anant Mahadevan's 2004 film "Dil Maange More" and featured next year in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's "Rang De Basanti".

For Soha, getting into showbiz was not an initial career choice, but thanks to her actor brother Saif and her mother, it soon became her profession too. Despite coming from an illustrious film family, she is still struggling for her share of limelight in tinseltown.

After the debacle of "Tum Mile", Soha is hoping for a better future in Bollywood.

"I was offered a variety of roles, which range from practical to interesting to downright outrageous, but things didn't work out well. This year you will see me in a variety of roles," said Soha.

Her first release will be "Chemistry" with Shreyas Talpade. Co-produced by Shreyas, the love story revolves around two people dumped by their respective partners and their lives afterwards.

"It's a mad role and you will see me in pink hair in it. My character is between Charlie Chaplin and Devanand Sagar. The character was a bit out of my normal acting range as I do more intense films. There is a lot of improvisation and laughs," she said.

"I am also doing a film called 'Sound track' which is opposite Rajiv Khandelwal. It is an official remake of Hollywood comedy 'It's All Gone Pete Tong '. Rajiv plays DJ and I play a girl who is born deaf. I find the role very interesting. It was difficult to get into that mode because I can't imagine life without sound and you can't work it out either. So I kept on forgetting the fact that I am playing a deaf girl," said Soha.

Talking about her personal life, Soha, who is dating Kunal Khemu, said she is ready to settle down in a couple of years.

"I am in comfortable space and we (Kunal and Soha) are happy with our career graphs; so whenever the right time comes, we will announce our marriage," she said.

What about Saif who said he'll get married before her as he's the elder brother?

"That's not necessary. I don't have to wait for anyone because I don't want to. If he takes 10 years then I will never wait. I don't know how long he will take, he might tie the knot tomorrow!" she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment