Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Good Karma Is A Way Of Life

Neither am I a true believer of God nor an atheist, but what I believe is to make my soul within me happy. 

My joy has no bounds and reaches its uppermost tip whenever I end my day doing some good deeds. And since this practice induces a great sense of peace, I believe in the theory of karma. Instead of making it sound serious, I like to add a dash of fun to it. So, just the way kids do homework after school. 


I do little things for the needy on the way back home. As they say, 'charity begins at home', so I see to it that my parents are taken care of and are happy. Parents mean a lot to me. When I see joy in their eyes, I feel I've touched heaven.


 During my childhood days, my mom used to often read out stories about how God changed his avatar and tests us humans by turning into a hungry poor man or a sweeper or even as a friend who's in need. 


This remains etched on my mind. And unconsciously, I've started to work on that. So, holding out a hot, fresh vada paav wrapped neatly, to a beggar near the traffic signal, or giving a chocolate bar to a kid or helping an elderly woman cross a busy junction, makes me feel good. To me, God resides in good deeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment