Saturday, January 19, 2008

How rude of me...

Whilst i was at work today, i just realised that i hadn't wished all the lovely bloggers and readers a happy new year. So here goes...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I hope everyone has a great new year and all there ambitions are fulfilled. But with a new year comes New Year's Resolutions. I try not to make New Year's resolutions because i never seem to fulfil them or i put to much pressure on fulfilling them that they finally burst in my face and fling me back to were i started from. Ok I'm being a bit dramatic here, but i do have a few aims this year...so here goes...
1. STOP PROCRASTINATING. I do this on a daily basis, mostly when I'm supposed to be doing a uni assignment or studying for a final exam. And then i wonder why I'm so stressed at the last minute. So hopefully this year I'll start my assignments when their given, actually study for exams and be a diligent university student...(Ok you can stop rolling your eyes).

2. EAT LESS CRAP. By less crap, i mean less chocolate. I am what you call a full blown chocoholic. Chocolate bars, chocolate cake, chocolate biscuits, cocoa in my milk...you name it, i've eaten it. But i have to admit i have cut a lot out, i just think a lot more chocolate needs to be cut out of my diet so i don't end up as one of Willy Wonka's oompa loompa's.

3. GO ON HOLIDAYS. I don't know were, but England, India and Thailand are a few tempting options on my list. I wouldn't mind going back to Norway either...now i just need an excuse oh and money to go.

4. GO OUT MORE OFTEN. When my friends call to go out on a Saturday night, a lot of the time my lazy side comes out and makes an excuse not to go out and alas i am quiet the party-pooper when i feel lazy.


5. STOP BUYING OVERLY TRENDY PIECES OF CLOTHING. I thought i didn't submerge myself in highly trendy pieces such as coloured tights, coloured jeans, those Louis Vuitton inspired 'Millionaire' sunglasses that are still selling at chain stores like crazy, neon bright t-shirts, Pucci-esq print tops etc etc. BUT when i had my massive wardrobe clean out to toss all the things i hadn't worn or thought about in over a year, i was surprised to see how many trend driven pieces i own which i am already sick of or frankly don't like at all. Maybe this year, i should do a lot less impulse shopping.

6. PUT MORE EFFORT INTO THE WAY I DRESS. When I'm running late for anything, the last thing I'm doing is contemplating what to wear, so i just pick up the first thing i see and run. This doesn't always turn out bad, because it's usually just jeans and a top...but sometimes i look down in the middle of class and think "what the hell am i wearing??", "umm a sweater dress and gold tights and it's a scoorching 35 degrees outside".

7. DON'T BUY 100 PAIRS OF DESIGNER SUNGLASSES IN A YEAR!!! I kid you not. I mentally went through the amount of sunglasses i own/owned from chain store ones to Dior to Gucci to YSL to Dolce & Gabbana to Chanel and the outcome isn't healthy. Well i sold most of them on eBay during Christmas time and i only kept one cheap pair and one Dior pair that i wear all the time. All i need is a pair of aviators and I'm set for the new year..i promise :)

Well that's all for now, these are a few things that i want to change or fulfill. So what's your New Years resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment