teme
Apr 5, 08:45 AM
I don't buy it. What a nightmare that would be if just touching that area of the iPod took you back to the home screen. (Even the MacBook trackpads require a physical 'click' in order to register.) This would be a usability disaster.
I agree. When I'm holding my iPod horizontally, I usually always rest my thumb over home button.
I agree. When I'm holding my iPod horizontally, I usually always rest my thumb over home button.
macduke
Dec 28, 09:16 AM
Haha, I can already see the next Verizon ad! This is pathetic. Surely Apple has worked out a deal with another carrier for 2010? At least AT&T doesn't completely suck where I work and play. Well, except my mother-in-laws house, which really sucks because what else am I supposed to do there? They don't even have wifi. I should have bought them a router for Christmas.
NeroAZ
Nov 17, 04:15 PM
Stolen goods or not, nevermind that - but $300 per kit? :eek:
Why not just buy a white case?
it seems a bit pricey, but if i read correctly, the front glass includes retina display and digitizer. so...
>White iPhone 4 Front Panel (Pre-Assembled)
>
>- Retina Display
>- Supporting Frame
>- Front Glass
>- Digitizer/Touch Panel
Why not just buy a white case?
it seems a bit pricey, but if i read correctly, the front glass includes retina display and digitizer. so...
>White iPhone 4 Front Panel (Pre-Assembled)
>
>- Retina Display
>- Supporting Frame
>- Front Glass
>- Digitizer/Touch Panel
noxtos
Mar 27, 03:39 AM
I wonder how many turtlenecks he has?
Do you think he keeps them? My guess is he has a new one flown in from Milan every morning. The worn turtlenecks go to the incinerator in the basement...
Do you think he keeps them? My guess is he has a new one flown in from Milan every morning. The worn turtlenecks go to the incinerator in the basement...
more...
nateo200
Feb 26, 09:16 PM
Here we go kids!! Expect lot's of grandstanding and some real knee jerk legislation cause this IS the year to gear up for the big election. I wish someone would inform people that it's their responsibility to be informed consumers AND parents. My kid racked up $380 in cell downloads in one month. I didn't need my senator to step in. I took away her phone for a month, blocked her ability to purchase ANYTHING on it, and worked out the bill with my provider (AT&T) who practically wiped it all away. This is just going to burden us with more laws and subsequently, more taxes in the form of direct taxation of products, indirect taxes by way of price hikes due to a rise in business tax, or BOTH.
Wow some semi-competent parenting here quality bravo that's something America needs more widespread these days, well at least around here. Break your iPhone? No problem dady's an Anesthesiologist mom's a lawyer just by you a new one! Crash your birthday gift an Audi S4 into a telephone pole while screwing around? No problem momy's best friends with the town judge! (yes true stories). Ranting aside this is so rediculous. This would be like if the FCC was called in to monitor how files are transfered around my home network, aka something pity that should be left to these things we call parents. BTW putting a credit card into a kids iPhone is the dumbest idea in the world. You can teach them the value of a dollar if instead you give them an iTunes card and tell them its the only one there getting for X amount of time.
Wow some semi-competent parenting here quality bravo that's something America needs more widespread these days, well at least around here. Break your iPhone? No problem dady's an Anesthesiologist mom's a lawyer just by you a new one! Crash your birthday gift an Audi S4 into a telephone pole while screwing around? No problem momy's best friends with the town judge! (yes true stories). Ranting aside this is so rediculous. This would be like if the FCC was called in to monitor how files are transfered around my home network, aka something pity that should be left to these things we call parents. BTW putting a credit card into a kids iPhone is the dumbest idea in the world. You can teach them the value of a dollar if instead you give them an iTunes card and tell them its the only one there getting for X amount of time.
Tailpike1153
Jan 20, 12:48 PM
I'd say I'll never get lost again but I seem to have misplaced my iPhone.:p
more...
Interstella5555
Dec 2, 09:29 AM
I'll take Apples definition of what is and isn't good looking over yours thanks
I'll take my own definition over Apple's or yours. Seriously, the phone is damn good looking, but you'll take Apple's opinion over your on?
I'll take my own definition over Apple's or yours. Seriously, the phone is damn good looking, but you'll take Apple's opinion over your on?
baryon
Jun 20, 08:00 AM
It's an arbitrary limit imposed by the choice of FAT32 as the file system (which is arbitrarily limited to 32 GB by Microsoft).
I'm pretty sure FAT32 is limited to 4GB files, which is why I had to reformat my external to HFS+ for video editing, since 10GB or larger files are now commonplace. On FAT32, any file larger than 4GB has to be broken up into two files or cannot be written to the file system. I don't know about such limitations on HFS+.
Most professionals use CF cards so they will still need a card reader, especially now that newer cameras don't support Mass Storage anymore for some idiotic reason. You can't connect your camera to your computer via USB anymore, unless you have some retarded application that has a lame interface to download your photos. No more drag and drop, and one more device to carry around, stupid card readers.
Apple supporting SD cards is great but CF cards are still industry standard unfortunately. This will change but not soon.
I would love it if the optical disk became obsolete and something else took over, but there's nothing "permanent" at the moment, so archiving old photos onto an SD card is a waste since the card could be reused. There should be a cheap, read-only version of the SD card, I have no idea how that would be possible, but it would be great.
I'm pretty sure FAT32 is limited to 4GB files, which is why I had to reformat my external to HFS+ for video editing, since 10GB or larger files are now commonplace. On FAT32, any file larger than 4GB has to be broken up into two files or cannot be written to the file system. I don't know about such limitations on HFS+.
Most professionals use CF cards so they will still need a card reader, especially now that newer cameras don't support Mass Storage anymore for some idiotic reason. You can't connect your camera to your computer via USB anymore, unless you have some retarded application that has a lame interface to download your photos. No more drag and drop, and one more device to carry around, stupid card readers.
Apple supporting SD cards is great but CF cards are still industry standard unfortunately. This will change but not soon.
I would love it if the optical disk became obsolete and something else took over, but there's nothing "permanent" at the moment, so archiving old photos onto an SD card is a waste since the card could be reused. There should be a cheap, read-only version of the SD card, I have no idea how that would be possible, but it would be great.
more...
arn
May 2, 01:55 PM
No evidence that they have the white iPhones, they could be basing it on the possibly faked image
I see you conveniently ignored the other linked evidence.
arn
I see you conveniently ignored the other linked evidence.
arn
BaldiMac
Mar 25, 09:34 AM
Before all you Apple fannies disagree with this; just remember Apple is trying to sue everyone else too.
It's all ridiculous.
Second that.
Everyone else? How many patent lawsuits has Apple initiated in the last decade? HTC. Any significant others?
It's all ridiculous.
Second that.
Everyone else? How many patent lawsuits has Apple initiated in the last decade? HTC. Any significant others?
more...
destroyboredom
Apr 21, 02:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)
I'm amazed with some
people on these forums in that unless the phone gets a case re-design and LTE it's only a minor update. Really? going to a dual core processor and 8mp camera is "just a spec bump?"
I'm amazed with some
people on these forums in that unless the phone gets a case re-design and LTE it's only a minor update. Really? going to a dual core processor and 8mp camera is "just a spec bump?"
bella92108
Apr 1, 01:34 PM
My question though is how is this any different then having multiple TVs on your cable account? You can only watch TV on your account when your in your own home and on your own WiFi. Time warner took some pretty big steps to make sure you can't "steal" cable... It is a pretty secure app.
I am just wondering why Viacom and others are bitching? Its just like going in the other room and watching it on the other TV... Doesn't allow you to watch TV away from home..
Well TECHNICALLY Time Warner and Comcast (my provider) have tiny fine print in their service docs that say you have to report "additional outlets" to them and are subject to monthly fee.... now clearly I'm not going to call them and tell them I have a 15" tv plugged in in the second bedroom so they can charge me $4.95 more per month, but it is within their rights to do so, it's just another shady tactic they use. There's only 1 of me in the house, so how can I be using the content on more than 1 TV at the same time? LOL
It's like software... TECHNICALLY you buy a license.. you can use it on as many computers as you want for personal use, just not simultaneously... so one license is fine if you have a desktop and laptop. The line blurs with things like operating systems where you might have the desktop and laptop on, but only using one at a time... so there's grey area...
Either way, this sh%t is bananas!
I am just wondering why Viacom and others are bitching? Its just like going in the other room and watching it on the other TV... Doesn't allow you to watch TV away from home..
Well TECHNICALLY Time Warner and Comcast (my provider) have tiny fine print in their service docs that say you have to report "additional outlets" to them and are subject to monthly fee.... now clearly I'm not going to call them and tell them I have a 15" tv plugged in in the second bedroom so they can charge me $4.95 more per month, but it is within their rights to do so, it's just another shady tactic they use. There's only 1 of me in the house, so how can I be using the content on more than 1 TV at the same time? LOL
It's like software... TECHNICALLY you buy a license.. you can use it on as many computers as you want for personal use, just not simultaneously... so one license is fine if you have a desktop and laptop. The line blurs with things like operating systems where you might have the desktop and laptop on, but only using one at a time... so there's grey area...
Either way, this sh%t is bananas!
more...
CTYankee
Aug 19, 10:51 AM
oh, great. Just the thing aliens will use to find out where I am and abduct me again. Yeah, sure I had to opt in, but do you know how hard it is to say no to location features?! I mean seriously, don't they realize all the bad ways people, er 'others', can use technology like this.
If they get me again I'm
If they get me again I'm
asencif
Feb 28, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the pics kingdonk. It looks like the Open Directory service is there in the pictures, although maybe it's unconfigurable at the moment. I do not see NFS which is surprising.
Overall, with the killing of the Xserve and Apple catering OS X Server more to the SOHO, it will be a tough sell since a lot of 2-10 person shops that don't require more than 500GB can probably have most of their infrastructure on the cloud.
If they need massive amounts of storage and not a lot of physical space then an XServe would fit better with a RAID attached and backup unit.
Overall, with the killing of the Xserve and Apple catering OS X Server more to the SOHO, it will be a tough sell since a lot of 2-10 person shops that don't require more than 500GB can probably have most of their infrastructure on the cloud.
If they need massive amounts of storage and not a lot of physical space then an XServe would fit better with a RAID attached and backup unit.
more...
tvguru
Sep 25, 10:28 AM
Another event, yet another disappointment.
Personally all I wanted was iLife integration and from the looks of things I got that. Everything else is just a welcomed bonus.
Personally all I wanted was iLife integration and from the looks of things I got that. Everything else is just a welcomed bonus.
HexMonkey
Jun 13, 06:40 PM
I've deleted "Old Categories" and everything in it. Thanks for your many hours of work Eraserhead.
I think the next big project might be to reorganise the Guides category by adding appropriate subcategories such as (for example) Mac Hardware Guides, Mac OS X Guides, iPod Guides etc. It's getting quite large as it is, and it might make it easier to find relevant articles.
I think the next big project might be to reorganise the Guides category by adding appropriate subcategories such as (for example) Mac Hardware Guides, Mac OS X Guides, iPod Guides etc. It's getting quite large as it is, and it might make it easier to find relevant articles.
more...

redscull
Apr 5, 12:13 PM
the iPad will be for normal people when you don't have the sync it.
all this syncing ********* needs to stop.
I shouldn't need another computer to use my iPad.
Makes no sense at all.
This is the primary design flaw with the iPad. This tablet can't be the normal person's computer unless every normal person has a tech friend/relative to keep the tablet working/updated. So while Woz is correct that the tablet will be the normal person's computer, Apple's iPad is not yet that tablet.
all this syncing ********* needs to stop.
I shouldn't need another computer to use my iPad.
Makes no sense at all.
This is the primary design flaw with the iPad. This tablet can't be the normal person's computer unless every normal person has a tech friend/relative to keep the tablet working/updated. So while Woz is correct that the tablet will be the normal person's computer, Apple's iPad is not yet that tablet.
sab165
May 1, 04:10 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
It sounds like Aroura Feint to me, but those games are pretty old.
It sounds like Aroura Feint to me, but those games are pretty old.
DPinTX
Mar 11, 02:29 PM
Line is from Apple store past kids play area now, well over 200+ people
Store closes in 30 min. Then opens again at 5
DP
Store closes in 30 min. Then opens again at 5
DP
frunkis54
Aug 20, 11:34 PM
people are overreacting about this.
1. you physically have to go to places and check in for anyone to see where your at.
2. you control who sees it. you can set it up so all your friends see it or only certain ones. if your worried about someone knowing your not at home. you might want to think who you have for friends on your FB account because they are the only ones that will know where you are or you aren't
1. you physically have to go to places and check in for anyone to see where your at.
2. you control who sees it. you can set it up so all your friends see it or only certain ones. if your worried about someone knowing your not at home. you might want to think who you have for friends on your FB account because they are the only ones that will know where you are or you aren't
kavika411
Nov 15, 06:41 PM
I need to get a better understanding of Places. Still not sure what it's about.
Raid
May 3, 01:51 PM
How the hell did you guys elect that fool? I'm even more concerned for you Canadians now. I got no good answer for you Lee, I didn't vote for that party. Maybe the minority position of the last two conservative government gave them a softer image than before, maybe it was due to the lack of a strong Liberal leadership, maybe people were tired of going to the polls and wanted a 4 year break... I got 'nothin. :o
bartzilla
Mar 22, 04:29 AM
Really nice for the schools.
Really irrelevant for the schools. I can't say this will change our purchasing strategy in this area either way, the discount is too small to matter really.
It's up to innovative schools to decide whether, and how, iPads have a role in schools. They might have good uses in classrooms, libraries, labs, reading clubs, alongside computers, instead of computers, or who knows.
Except they don't support things like Jmol. They're too big to go into a pocket, they can't be shared around like books, they'll need recharging if they're used heavily. The ipad is a lot of things, sure, but there's lots of things it isn't, too.
Who cares??? its a $500 device that can replace all computer needs of any student. Period.
I bet my students can't wait to run products like AutoCad, Final Cut Pro, Logic, Sonar and Visual Studio, on the ipad. They'll be so excited I'm sure.
It's just a glorified web slate and note taker. By no means bad but I don't see any students where I work, or staff for that matter, rushing to get one. We may buy one or two for R&D.
Really irrelevant for the schools. I can't say this will change our purchasing strategy in this area either way, the discount is too small to matter really.
It's up to innovative schools to decide whether, and how, iPads have a role in schools. They might have good uses in classrooms, libraries, labs, reading clubs, alongside computers, instead of computers, or who knows.
Except they don't support things like Jmol. They're too big to go into a pocket, they can't be shared around like books, they'll need recharging if they're used heavily. The ipad is a lot of things, sure, but there's lots of things it isn't, too.
Who cares??? its a $500 device that can replace all computer needs of any student. Period.
I bet my students can't wait to run products like AutoCad, Final Cut Pro, Logic, Sonar and Visual Studio, on the ipad. They'll be so excited I'm sure.
It's just a glorified web slate and note taker. By no means bad but I don't see any students where I work, or staff for that matter, rushing to get one. We may buy one or two for R&D.
risc
Sep 17, 03:41 AM
Is this a joke or what? Are people that work in retail different to the rest of us? Am I missing something here?
No comments:
Post a Comment