gee_see
04-15 02:22 PM
9 Years, with one employer!!! immmm..
If the employer is good it is ok, what if not?
I don’t know how many of our most productive life time is going to be stagnated because of this GC wait.
Lunch Time (EST), on the lighter note….
Tourists in the Museum of Natural History ...
...were marveling at the dinosaur bones. One of them asks the blonde guard, 'Can you tell me how old the dinosaur bones are?'
The guard replies, 'They are 3 million, four years, and six months old.'
'That's an awfully exact number,' says the tourist. 'How do you know their age so precisely?'
The guard answers, 'Well, the dinosaur bones were three million years old when I started working here, and that was four and a half years ago!'
My employer is horrible to work with. But after hearing horror stories about other consulting companies i decided to stick with known devil... Moreover i did not want to take up permanent job assignment on h1 due to layoff fear...
If the employer is good it is ok, what if not?
I don’t know how many of our most productive life time is going to be stagnated because of this GC wait.
Lunch Time (EST), on the lighter note….
Tourists in the Museum of Natural History ...
...were marveling at the dinosaur bones. One of them asks the blonde guard, 'Can you tell me how old the dinosaur bones are?'
The guard replies, 'They are 3 million, four years, and six months old.'
'That's an awfully exact number,' says the tourist. 'How do you know their age so precisely?'
The guard answers, 'Well, the dinosaur bones were three million years old when I started working here, and that was four and a half years ago!'
My employer is horrible to work with. But after hearing horror stories about other consulting companies i decided to stick with known devil... Moreover i did not want to take up permanent job assignment on h1 due to layoff fear...
wallpaper The Canon 550D is one hell of
gc@waiting
07-25 06:17 AM
Can someone shed some light as to what exactly are the things checked and the steps in 140 processing? Is it one's education credentials or employer history and/or ability to employ/pay etc?
willwin
03-29 11:47 PM
I got my PWD today!!
Filed on 5th Jan and received today.
Next, the LC waiting period starts!!
Filed on 5th Jan and received today.
Next, the LC waiting period starts!!
2011 If you just bought a Canon
sac-r-ten
02-03 05:09 PM
Moderators/Admins, is there a way to block the IP of this anonymous person.
more...
ras
07-15 12:46 PM
I have used AC21 to change jobs
I have a closing statement from my previous employer mentioning the exercisable options.
Here it goes:
Exercisable Options
Price $30
grant date 1/10/2007
Shares exercisable 400
total price =12000
Last date to exercise
7/20/2008
However the market share value for the company now is 26.00
now my question is if I were to exercise before the last date will I be getting the total amount of $12000 or 26 x 400 = $10400 or the difference between the share values which is infact negative or nothing?
I find it difficult understand this financial terms. I dont understand clearly the term 'Exercisable options' Is there a hidden treasure am going to get?????
I have a closing statement from my previous employer mentioning the exercisable options.
Here it goes:
Exercisable Options
Price $30
grant date 1/10/2007
Shares exercisable 400
total price =12000
Last date to exercise
7/20/2008
However the market share value for the company now is 26.00
now my question is if I were to exercise before the last date will I be getting the total amount of $12000 or 26 x 400 = $10400 or the difference between the share values which is infact negative or nothing?
I find it difficult understand this financial terms. I dont understand clearly the term 'Exercisable options' Is there a hidden treasure am going to get?????
123456mg
07-22 03:20 AM
I guess this community is not for willful violators like you. Here we are trying to share information from/for people who follow rules. There are many people (anti-immigration lobbyist and anti-H1b lobby) reading this forum. This will give impression as if this forum is for giving advise to people like you who do not care for the law and will give bad name to IV. I guess you should cough up some money and get advise from a good immigration lawyer. Also, I would suggest a moderator or administrator to look into this matter adn have this thread removed.
more...
senthil1
05-14 06:07 PM
Actually they did not move purposefully. Demand slowed down for visa numbers because long time the date was not moved. Another point is Companies like TCS,WIPRO are not applying GC and they are the ones using more H1bs. It could move back when demand increases but not so much like 2005. So always waiting time for EB3 will be 3 to 6 years and Eb2 2 to 4 years.
Guys,
The timing of this visa bulletin is suspicious. Right at the nick of time, when the senate is discussing increasing EB quotas, this news comes in. Plus they are saying that there will be forward movement, in the EB cut-off dates in the coming months to rhyme with the current negotatitions in Congress on CIR/ SKIL.
IV should not step behind in their legislation efforts. Even, if visa bulletin dates are current today, they might retrogress later, when the I-485 application starts to process (Current I-485 processing time shows applications processing as of Sept. 10, 2006, which is 8 months before). No one knows, if eight months from now, the cut-off dates will retrogress further or advance, due to the BEC closing out in Sept. 2007 and PERM applications processed from March 2005 onwards.
Guys,
The timing of this visa bulletin is suspicious. Right at the nick of time, when the senate is discussing increasing EB quotas, this news comes in. Plus they are saying that there will be forward movement, in the EB cut-off dates in the coming months to rhyme with the current negotatitions in Congress on CIR/ SKIL.
IV should not step behind in their legislation efforts. Even, if visa bulletin dates are current today, they might retrogress later, when the I-485 application starts to process (Current I-485 processing time shows applications processing as of Sept. 10, 2006, which is 8 months before). No one knows, if eight months from now, the cut-off dates will retrogress further or advance, due to the BEC closing out in Sept. 2007 and PERM applications processed from March 2005 onwards.
2010 Canon EOS 550D 18-135 IS
morpheus
07-12 12:35 PM
The information quoted by morpheus is quite correct. you can attend board meetings as a director although honorory or because of your extensive shareholding. you cannot be a salaried, contracted or basically compensated director or board member. you cannot take salaries but can take dividends (profit). you can also apply for any licenses or authorizations required for the business in your name. just make sure you dont write anything off in your name to save the taxes on the dividends because that will show your active involvement (day to day) which you cannot have.
The board issue does get very confusing. For example, an H1 is invited to be on the advisory board of a company and they grant the H1 some stock options. They don't pay the board members honororia or anything else. Is the H1 holder violating his or her status? At which point - when they accept the options? Or when they sell the stock? What if they have a green card by the time they sell the stock? What if the stock if held in the H1 employers name? It gets very confusing and there are few guidelines.
The H1 law was never intended to cope with the complexities of modern business as I see it!
Does anyone know some good lawyer/CPA who can provide guidance on such matters.
Also what if indian citizen residing in india wants to sell online to US customers ?
You could try any of the well known immigration law firms - Murthy, Rajiv Khanna etc.
I don't see how an Indian citizen in India selling online has anything to do with immigration?
The board issue does get very confusing. For example, an H1 is invited to be on the advisory board of a company and they grant the H1 some stock options. They don't pay the board members honororia or anything else. Is the H1 holder violating his or her status? At which point - when they accept the options? Or when they sell the stock? What if they have a green card by the time they sell the stock? What if the stock if held in the H1 employers name? It gets very confusing and there are few guidelines.
The H1 law was never intended to cope with the complexities of modern business as I see it!
Does anyone know some good lawyer/CPA who can provide guidance on such matters.
Also what if indian citizen residing in india wants to sell online to US customers ?
You could try any of the well known immigration law firms - Murthy, Rajiv Khanna etc.
I don't see how an Indian citizen in India selling online has anything to do with immigration?
more...
eager_immi
06-20 07:39 PM
My Lawyer put the A# from the EAD used during OPT. She put OPT in brackets and mentioned to me that USCIS will change this A#.
hair canon 550d images. canon 550d
kaisersose
05-01 09:44 AM
I just got my Labor approved (PD - 2/22/2008) . Attorneys are working on filing I-140.
1. Shall I wait for I-140 PP to re-instate or go ahead with normal processing?
2. Is there 'ANY' chance that my PD will be current before I get I-140 approval when filed through normal processing?
Thanks,
Ag
1. Go ahead with normal. it can be bumped up to PP whenever PP is reinstated by paying $$$. You will save time this way, if PP is not reinstated until the time your 140 is normally processed.
2. Highly unlikely. However, if it does, you can still apply for 485 even if your 140 is pending. I read somewhere that CIS will remove 140/485 concurrent processing in future, but I have no idea about this.
1. Shall I wait for I-140 PP to re-instate or go ahead with normal processing?
2. Is there 'ANY' chance that my PD will be current before I get I-140 approval when filed through normal processing?
Thanks,
Ag
1. Go ahead with normal. it can be bumped up to PP whenever PP is reinstated by paying $$$. You will save time this way, if PP is not reinstated until the time your 140 is normally processed.
2. Highly unlikely. However, if it does, you can still apply for 485 even if your 140 is pending. I read somewhere that CIS will remove 140/485 concurrent processing in future, but I have no idea about this.
more...
Sachin_Stock
08-13 02:01 PM
So what are you complaining about :)
Remember, its for you future employment, and in all good faith, you MUST join the company where you now have Eb2.
Remember, its for you future employment, and in all good faith, you MUST join the company where you now have Eb2.
hot Canon EOS 550D (Rebel T2i)

GC4US
08-29 01:05 PM
Actually it was before July 30 that you could send it to either service center, but like I said earlier, with all the internal transfering that's going on, hopefully you'll be ok.
I found this link, please see and tell me what is your interpretation:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/UpdateDirectFiling062107.pdf
The effective date of the �Direct Filing� instructions for all of forms I-129F, I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485,
I-765 and I-907 is July 30, 2007, and coincides with the effective date of the fee increase for all immigration benefit applications and petitions. During the first 30 days of �Direct Filing� (July 30 to August 28), USCIS will not reject any form incorrectly filed at the prior filing location. However, applicant must include the correct fee and must meet all other requirements for a proper filing. Beginning on or after August 29, 2007, USCIS will reject any of the forms listed above that are filed with the incorrect filing location. Those rejected and returned forms will include the fee and instructions for proper filing.
Effective July 30, 2007.
Please share your opinion about this....I really want to make sure that I'm safe.
Thanks in advance.
I found this link, please see and tell me what is your interpretation:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/UpdateDirectFiling062107.pdf
The effective date of the �Direct Filing� instructions for all of forms I-129F, I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485,
I-765 and I-907 is July 30, 2007, and coincides with the effective date of the fee increase for all immigration benefit applications and petitions. During the first 30 days of �Direct Filing� (July 30 to August 28), USCIS will not reject any form incorrectly filed at the prior filing location. However, applicant must include the correct fee and must meet all other requirements for a proper filing. Beginning on or after August 29, 2007, USCIS will reject any of the forms listed above that are filed with the incorrect filing location. Those rejected and returned forms will include the fee and instructions for proper filing.
Effective July 30, 2007.
Please share your opinion about this....I really want to make sure that I'm safe.
Thanks in advance.
more...
house Top 5 Reasons Why Canon 550D
anilsal
11-06 10:59 AM
PIO card is valid for 15 years. Every time, your child gets a new passport (read 5 years), you need to get an entry in the PIO card. So barring a once in 5 year trip/mail to consulate, there are no issues with PIO.
It certainly does not make sense to deny OCI for a child whose parents are Indian nationals.
Look at Q.32 of
http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/OCI%20FAQs.htm
I am sure that if this new rule for OCI is going to stand for a long time, then they will request the people who got their OCI stamps to replace it with PIO cards (think of the 20 year passports that were issued first and then need to be replaced).
It certainly does not make sense to deny OCI for a child whose parents are Indian nationals.
Look at Q.32 of
http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/OCI%20FAQs.htm
I am sure that if this new rule for OCI is going to stand for a long time, then they will request the people who got their OCI stamps to replace it with PIO cards (think of the 20 year passports that were issued first and then need to be replaced).
tattoo The Canon EOS 550D SLR also
abhis0
09-18 07:13 PM
got receipt today . 07/02 10:25am the famous J.Barrett .
Guys, keep up, you will be fine and get it soon.
Congrats Buddy.....Was your I140 approved from TSC?
Guys, keep up, you will be fine and get it soon.
Congrats Buddy.....Was your I140 approved from TSC?
more...
pictures canon 550d pictures.
god_bless_you
06-20 03:27 PM
I have EB2 i-140 approved with PD Dec. 05. I am planning to change the employer.. was just waiting to see if CIR gonna help.. but looks like its not. If I change job now, I will have to do labor, i140 once again!! might be able to maintain PD. .. my question is... I believe that in Octo. 06, new quota for GC will be available. What are the guesses that the PD will become current (at least for Eb2 India) in Octo 06?? Some educated guesses are highly appreciated.
if changing Employer is benificial to you in any way -- financially or peace of mind,, go for it,
save more and keep options open ...
DO NOT RELY ON GC PROCESS!!
if changing Employer is benificial to you in any way -- financially or peace of mind,, go for it,
save more and keep options open ...
DO NOT RELY ON GC PROCESS!!
dresses Nikon D90 or Canon 550D
kiru_99
10-30 05:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. Atlast I could talk to my lawyer and the reason given by him is while sending the I485 application for my wife they sent the 1 & 3rd page of the application & missed the 2nd & 4th pages while taking xerox copies. He said he will try to resend it but not not sure whether tehy will accept. He took even 1000$ more from me for fast service.
For his mistake I have to pay the price.
I don't know what to do now..
For his mistake I have to pay the price.
I don't know what to do now..
more...
makeup Nice Canon 550D photos
shortchanged
08-27 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Lisap;155340
This afternoon I received receipts from the original filing with a receipt date of July 2nd. [/QUOTE]
If you stopped payment on individual checks (My banks charges $30 for each check stoppage) it would have been denied eventhough USCIS tried to cash it (instantly as it is electronic transaction).That you received receipt notices means, the checks went through, and your application is considered properly filed.
If stopped as a batch of checks (it is free of charge with my bank), it would still go through, despite your stoppage request, as it is like paper check.
So to be absolutely certain, you should stop them individually if you want to stop payment on the 2nd set of application too.
Looks like you are indeed very lucky to have got things in order despite your attorney's best efforts to screw up!
I am in some what similar situation;my checks are seen today as encashed on 8/23 for a July 2 filing.I too send out a 2nd set of I-485 applications on 8/16, as I got scared of missing out on the window of opportunity.I have asked today for stop payment on all my checks individually for this 8/16 filing.
This afternoon I received receipts from the original filing with a receipt date of July 2nd. [/QUOTE]
If you stopped payment on individual checks (My banks charges $30 for each check stoppage) it would have been denied eventhough USCIS tried to cash it (instantly as it is electronic transaction).That you received receipt notices means, the checks went through, and your application is considered properly filed.
If stopped as a batch of checks (it is free of charge with my bank), it would still go through, despite your stoppage request, as it is like paper check.
So to be absolutely certain, you should stop them individually if you want to stop payment on the 2nd set of application too.
Looks like you are indeed very lucky to have got things in order despite your attorney's best efforts to screw up!
I am in some what similar situation;my checks are seen today as encashed on 8/23 for a July 2 filing.I too send out a 2nd set of I-485 applications on 8/16, as I got scared of missing out on the window of opportunity.I have asked today for stop payment on all my checks individually for this 8/16 filing.
girlfriend Canon EOS 550D
helpfriends
04-17 09:55 AM
and yes, it's a very odd situation. Hard to explain and maybe I should have tried to clarify more earlier.
From what I gather(heard 3rd party), the foreign parent company set up an office here in the US over a year ago and this person came over on an L1visa and has been here since early 2007 working, and traveling back and forth to their home country and paid wages by their foreign employer. This new office/company has not done much,if any business, direct in the US(no employees, etc) the past 1st year of their visa.
The same foreign parent bought a majority share of a 2nd company in the US end of 2007 which is established here. The foreign parent filed an L1A visa petition for this same person, early 2008 on behalf of the newly bought US company which did get approved? Like I said, for whatever reason, this person came over here early(stupid!) with that green card waiver and has been working. I do not presently know if he has gone back for an interview and made it back with a visa or not at this point?
All in all, I think this situation is getting worse from the sounds of it.
From what I gather(heard 3rd party), the foreign parent company set up an office here in the US over a year ago and this person came over on an L1visa and has been here since early 2007 working, and traveling back and forth to their home country and paid wages by their foreign employer. This new office/company has not done much,if any business, direct in the US(no employees, etc) the past 1st year of their visa.
The same foreign parent bought a majority share of a 2nd company in the US end of 2007 which is established here. The foreign parent filed an L1A visa petition for this same person, early 2008 on behalf of the newly bought US company which did get approved? Like I said, for whatever reason, this person came over here early(stupid!) with that green card waiver and has been working. I do not presently know if he has gone back for an interview and made it back with a visa or not at this point?
All in all, I think this situation is getting worse from the sounds of it.
hairstyles Jackie Chan Canon 550D Limited
ita
08-13 04:34 PM
My I-140 was approved 2 yrs back. I have more time on H1 like ..2 more yrs.
I'm planning to use my EAD or do H1 transfer. So far I have good relations with my employer.If I speak to my employer about my plans will he be able to hurt my case like thru I140 or any otherway?
After I switch jobs will I be able to go back to my old employer if I would want to .
Appreciate it if you can help me on this.
Thank you.
I'm planning to use my EAD or do H1 transfer. So far I have good relations with my employer.If I speak to my employer about my plans will he be able to hurt my case like thru I140 or any otherway?
After I switch jobs will I be able to go back to my old employer if I would want to .
Appreciate it if you can help me on this.
Thank you.
bhavingreat
08-24 09:19 PM
i have been to mumbai consulate.
i suggest u go through VFS Service where they offer you a place to sit and take you to the consulate when its your time for the interview, otherwise you have to wait in queue for long. here is the website for VFS
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx
this website also has information about the process.
hope this helps.
i suggest u go through VFS Service where they offer you a place to sit and take you to the consulate when its your time for the interview, otherwise you have to wait in queue for long. here is the website for VFS
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx
this website also has information about the process.
hope this helps.
javadeveloper
03-28 01:27 PM
Thanks, but will there be any charges against me for not filing the taxes before.
WIll it effect my immigration status.
What I heard from others is:
1.If we owe money to State/Fed then it may be a problem
2.No problem if we are supposed to get money from State/Fed
I May be wrong , but check with others too
WIll it effect my immigration status.
What I heard from others is:
1.If we owe money to State/Fed then it may be a problem
2.No problem if we are supposed to get money from State/Fed
I May be wrong , but check with others too
No comments:
Post a Comment