Sunx_2004
10-05 02:28 PM
bumping it up
rajeshalex
03-17 11:46 AM
We are in the same boat. I am the primary and mine has been Xfrd to field office in VA where as my wife's 485 has been xfrd to MO. I called up customer support and they said it is normal to transfer across field offices.
Many say when the 485 is transferred to a field office there could be an interview.
Many say when the 485 is transferred to a field office there could be an interview.

mk26
05-14 12:53 PM
MD counties charge county income tax which is a rip off. Look in VA
Agree with this statement, county tax sucks in MD
Agree with this statement, county tax sucks in MD
pcs
07-02 03:16 PM
I will sign up but HOW TO ????
more...

FredG
March 3rd, 2004, 05:39 PM
I like the composition just the way it is.
Fred
Fred

pcjandyala
08-09 11:58 PM
Kumar,
We understand your concerns. Please double check whether you can apply for COS(chang of status) alone as you are already here so that USCIS approves such requests. if you are hesitant to go out of the country then you may look for one more option. You got H1B approval so you are excemted from the quota. So, you can apply for another H1B+COS with Company B and you can start using it once it's get approved.
Please note that you cannot come back on L1b if you opt to go out of country for stamping otherwise your last status rule applies.
We understand your concerns. Please double check whether you can apply for COS(chang of status) alone as you are already here so that USCIS approves such requests. if you are hesitant to go out of the country then you may look for one more option. You got H1B approval so you are excemted from the quota. So, you can apply for another H1B+COS with Company B and you can start using it once it's get approved.
Please note that you cannot come back on L1b if you opt to go out of country for stamping otherwise your last status rule applies.
more...

uvatbc
11-07 07:44 AM
i have no particular affinity for either democrats or republicans (and since i cannot vote - dont care much either) - but not everything in this list is bad......
1. almost no other country has an unqualified birth-right on citizenship........so, if americans at some point want this changed - this is well within their rights.......however, constitution amendment process is so complex in this country ( i believe all states have to ratify or something like that) - it is near impossible.
2. balanced budget is not a bad idea - deficit financing ad infinitum does not make much sense
3. most of us dont like tax hikes - so if GOP folks agree with that view - whats wrong with that?
4. Estate Tax is just the Govt's way of destroying individual wealth even after death - repealing it is actually a fairly good idea.
the unfortunate reality is that both parties have some good ideas and some nutty ideas and the pity is we cannot choose what we like best from each - the set of beliefs is a like a package deal - you get the good with the bad.........
1. The 14th amendment is what this country created as a result of the civil war to end slavery. The congress-critters thinking of repealing this amendment either have forgotten their history or are evil in ways people have not understood.
2 and 3. Expectations of a balanced budget is an excellent example of not understanding the consequences of previous policies. Either a. reduce spending or b. increase taxation.
Neither is acceptable, but we still want a balanced budget. When I was young, I learnt these basics of supply and demand by carefully managing my pocket money. I suppose the rich congress kids never had to think like that.
4. I don't really know enough to comment on this
1. almost no other country has an unqualified birth-right on citizenship........so, if americans at some point want this changed - this is well within their rights.......however, constitution amendment process is so complex in this country ( i believe all states have to ratify or something like that) - it is near impossible.
2. balanced budget is not a bad idea - deficit financing ad infinitum does not make much sense
3. most of us dont like tax hikes - so if GOP folks agree with that view - whats wrong with that?
4. Estate Tax is just the Govt's way of destroying individual wealth even after death - repealing it is actually a fairly good idea.
the unfortunate reality is that both parties have some good ideas and some nutty ideas and the pity is we cannot choose what we like best from each - the set of beliefs is a like a package deal - you get the good with the bad.........
1. The 14th amendment is what this country created as a result of the civil war to end slavery. The congress-critters thinking of repealing this amendment either have forgotten their history or are evil in ways people have not understood.
2 and 3. Expectations of a balanced budget is an excellent example of not understanding the consequences of previous policies. Either a. reduce spending or b. increase taxation.
Neither is acceptable, but we still want a balanced budget. When I was young, I learnt these basics of supply and demand by carefully managing my pocket money. I suppose the rich congress kids never had to think like that.
4. I don't really know enough to comment on this

newuser
09-01 09:52 AM
Please see an attorney.
more...
ItIsNotFunny
08-02 10:17 AM
Is this true? If the employer agrees to not invoke I140 for next 180 days, I can start working for another company tomorrow without affecting my 485 application?
Wouldn't you need to show paystubs or something, for 180 days, for the company that filed your I485?
Thank you!!
This is dicey. The rule of thumb is: GC is for future employment. Somehow you need to convince this immigration officer that you worked or want to work for employer who filed GC for you. Thats why they have this 180 days clause.
Wouldn't you need to show paystubs or something, for 180 days, for the company that filed your I485?
Thank you!!
This is dicey. The rule of thumb is: GC is for future employment. Somehow you need to convince this immigration officer that you worked or want to work for employer who filed GC for you. Thats why they have this 180 days clause.

gc_on_demand
06-02 02:44 PM
Hi,
I've already completed my 6 yrs on H1, have my 140 approved, applied for extension and got it (before 6 yr expiry). The extension has been approved for 3 years.
Now -- I need to change employers as my employer is asking me to become full time from consulting.
2 questions:
1. Can I use this extension to change employers?
2. Can I start the GC process with the 140 priority date? (Feb '08)?
Thanks
PS: I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.
if your employer ( who filled I 140 ) revoke I 140 then chances are there that you may get RFE while H1b transfer. You need good lawer advise. Also there is gray area for porting PD if I 140 is approved and revoked.
I've already completed my 6 yrs on H1, have my 140 approved, applied for extension and got it (before 6 yr expiry). The extension has been approved for 3 years.
Now -- I need to change employers as my employer is asking me to become full time from consulting.
2 questions:
1. Can I use this extension to change employers?
2. Can I start the GC process with the 140 priority date? (Feb '08)?
Thanks
PS: I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.
if your employer ( who filled I 140 ) revoke I 140 then chances are there that you may get RFE while H1b transfer. You need good lawer advise. Also there is gray area for porting PD if I 140 is approved and revoked.
more...
martinvisalaw
07-20 02:05 PM
Can I work on EAD without filing H1B-H4.
or
After the new memo regarding unlawful status, it is better to file H1 to H4 and continue working on EAD for my employer. Will this affect anyhow on my chances of approval of my AOS?
You cannot be in H-4 status and work, even with an EAD. Either you have H-4 status and don't work, or you work on the EAD. H-4 status does not allow for work, even with an EAD. If the employer won't extend your H-1B, you just ned to make sure that you always have a valid EAD and an Advance parole so you can travel.
or
After the new memo regarding unlawful status, it is better to file H1 to H4 and continue working on EAD for my employer. Will this affect anyhow on my chances of approval of my AOS?
You cannot be in H-4 status and work, even with an EAD. Either you have H-4 status and don't work, or you work on the EAD. H-4 status does not allow for work, even with an EAD. If the employer won't extend your H-1B, you just ned to make sure that you always have a valid EAD and an Advance parole so you can travel.

divs09
06-19 11:54 AM
Hello Unseenguy,
Thanks for the reply .
I forgot to mention that i was already on h1 before so i dont fall under H1CAP.
This is the reason i applied for H1 from h4 as previously i was on H1B
Thanks for the reply .
I forgot to mention that i was already on h1 before so i dont fall under H1CAP.
This is the reason i applied for H1 from h4 as previously i was on H1B
more...
h1-b forever
04-27 08:24 AM
I want to know if some of us knew of Green card wait time when we applied or came to USA?
what difference does that make?
Question is, now that you know how long the gc process takes, you are still here............Cribbing maybe, but still here..........
So, it does not matter what you knew at the time of coming here.
what difference does that make?
Question is, now that you know how long the gc process takes, you are still here............Cribbing maybe, but still here..........
So, it does not matter what you knew at the time of coming here.
gcgreen
07-07 04:04 PM
to my knowledge, the first year that she started it would be no problem.
but in subsequent years you do need to pay estimated taxes or be subject to underpayment penalty. also, because estimated taxes are pay as you go, you do need to make payments on the payment deadlines.
for some really screwed up reason, the payment deadlines are not precisely three months apart: apr 15, jun 15, sep 15 and jan 15
the amount of estimated tax you need to have paid in order to have paid is calculated based on a worksheet that you can download from the IRS website.
But the general rule of thumb you need to follow is that you should have paid AT LEAST the previous year's taxes by this year including all withholdings and estimated tax payments. For example, if you owed $30000 in federal taxes in 2007, make sure the sum of all estimated taxes and withholdings for 2008 meets or exceeds 30000. I also think there is a rule that if your AGI was greater than 150K in the previous year, you need to pay at least 110% of prior year's tax amount. I am not sure of this one. But generally speaking, I think this rule is called safe harbor rule.
The other rule you can adopt is to ensure that you pay at least 90% tax that you will owe for 2008 by end of 2008. In other words, if you end up owing 40000 this year, make sure you have paid at least 36000 by end of this year.
You can find more info at:
http://www.fairmark.com/estimate/whomust.htm
http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/101936/FAQs_on_estimated_taxes#howcalculate
I hope this information was helpful. Bear in mind, I am no expert on this, and all this info is just by reading various online sources, IRS docs etc.
Continuation..
My wife is working as an independent contractor(1099-misc) on an EAD. I am also on EAD on W2(full time employment).
We file our taxes jointly and hence instead of making advance payments/estimated tax payments quarterly, cant I just have my company withhold more money from my paycheck every month?
That would make things so much more easier..
but in subsequent years you do need to pay estimated taxes or be subject to underpayment penalty. also, because estimated taxes are pay as you go, you do need to make payments on the payment deadlines.
for some really screwed up reason, the payment deadlines are not precisely three months apart: apr 15, jun 15, sep 15 and jan 15
the amount of estimated tax you need to have paid in order to have paid is calculated based on a worksheet that you can download from the IRS website.
But the general rule of thumb you need to follow is that you should have paid AT LEAST the previous year's taxes by this year including all withholdings and estimated tax payments. For example, if you owed $30000 in federal taxes in 2007, make sure the sum of all estimated taxes and withholdings for 2008 meets or exceeds 30000. I also think there is a rule that if your AGI was greater than 150K in the previous year, you need to pay at least 110% of prior year's tax amount. I am not sure of this one. But generally speaking, I think this rule is called safe harbor rule.
The other rule you can adopt is to ensure that you pay at least 90% tax that you will owe for 2008 by end of 2008. In other words, if you end up owing 40000 this year, make sure you have paid at least 36000 by end of this year.
You can find more info at:
http://www.fairmark.com/estimate/whomust.htm
http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/101936/FAQs_on_estimated_taxes#howcalculate
I hope this information was helpful. Bear in mind, I am no expert on this, and all this info is just by reading various online sources, IRS docs etc.
Continuation..
My wife is working as an independent contractor(1099-misc) on an EAD. I am also on EAD on W2(full time employment).
We file our taxes jointly and hence instead of making advance payments/estimated tax payments quarterly, cant I just have my company withhold more money from my paycheck every month?
That would make things so much more easier..
more...

imind
03-12 03:54 PM
JUST REQUEST ONLY:
People who are trying to help with info., please provide your practical experience with confident solutions. Otherwise don't scare or hurt the people unnecessarily . Please let us know your source of information before provide any solutions.
Let us make our forum helps people... not scare the people unneccessarily by mensioning incorrect source of info. leads to spoil some lifes.
Thanks for understanding.
People who are trying to help with info., please provide your practical experience with confident solutions. Otherwise don't scare or hurt the people unnecessarily . Please let us know your source of information before provide any solutions.
Let us make our forum helps people... not scare the people unneccessarily by mensioning incorrect source of info. leads to spoil some lifes.
Thanks for understanding.

eb3retro
03-16 10:17 AM
Thank you very much for your post. I am in identical situation and planning to use AP to travel to India. Your post gives me some confidence to travel.
you are welcome jungalee..dont worry, you will be very fine.
you are welcome jungalee..dont worry, you will be very fine.
more...

number30
06-19 01:30 PM
Hello All,
I am contacting you regarding an Inquiry of
" H1B Approved without I-94 and to appeal for I-290B.
I applied for H1B Visa on Dec 23rd 2008 or change of status from H4 to H1B, H4 is Valid till Aug 06, 2009.
Please note that i was already on h1b from Oct 01st 2004 till Sep 30th , 2007, then again i applied for H4 on Dec 27th 2006 till AUG 06TH 09 2009..
So i don't fall under New H1 Quota, i.e H1CAP
keeping this in mind and only after filing, i received the receipt number on Dec 23rd 2008,and started working immediately from then onwards.
On May 01st, 2009 there was a query to my company and also on me whether i am maintaining valid non immigrant H1B classification.
On May 21st 2009, i received a letter from USCIS
saying that a response was received in which it included two pay statements for period of Jan 2009 and Feb 2009, they mentioned that the beneficiary was not eligible to work at this time and appears to have been working in United States without permission.
Change of status is denied, how ever your petition is Approved and go to Chennai for processing.Or submit a Motion to Reopen (Form I-290B ).\
Please advice me what should i do.
If i submit Form 1-290B, what are the grounds that i have to justify as it is clearly mentioned that i was not eligible to work at this time, but i am assuming that once you apply for H1 you can start working , then why in my case they have mentioned as illegal.
Second query is after applying for I-290B, can i continue to work or should i stop working until i get the update from USCIS regarding COS.
Third Query is should i apply for a new H1 and continue working.
Please advice me on this issue.
Hoping to hear from you Soon.
Thanks a lot for your help,
You can start working immediately after filing H1, only if you are doing H1 transfer. Here you are doing Change of Status from H4 to H1. So you are NOT allowed to work immediately after filing. GO out of US as soon as possible. Filing 290B may not help you much. You have to come back with new stamping.
I am contacting you regarding an Inquiry of
" H1B Approved without I-94 and to appeal for I-290B.
I applied for H1B Visa on Dec 23rd 2008 or change of status from H4 to H1B, H4 is Valid till Aug 06, 2009.
Please note that i was already on h1b from Oct 01st 2004 till Sep 30th , 2007, then again i applied for H4 on Dec 27th 2006 till AUG 06TH 09 2009..
So i don't fall under New H1 Quota, i.e H1CAP
keeping this in mind and only after filing, i received the receipt number on Dec 23rd 2008,and started working immediately from then onwards.
On May 01st, 2009 there was a query to my company and also on me whether i am maintaining valid non immigrant H1B classification.
On May 21st 2009, i received a letter from USCIS
saying that a response was received in which it included two pay statements for period of Jan 2009 and Feb 2009, they mentioned that the beneficiary was not eligible to work at this time and appears to have been working in United States without permission.
Change of status is denied, how ever your petition is Approved and go to Chennai for processing.Or submit a Motion to Reopen (Form I-290B ).\
Please advice me what should i do.
If i submit Form 1-290B, what are the grounds that i have to justify as it is clearly mentioned that i was not eligible to work at this time, but i am assuming that once you apply for H1 you can start working , then why in my case they have mentioned as illegal.
Second query is after applying for I-290B, can i continue to work or should i stop working until i get the update from USCIS regarding COS.
Third Query is should i apply for a new H1 and continue working.
Please advice me on this issue.
Hoping to hear from you Soon.
Thanks a lot for your help,
You can start working immediately after filing H1, only if you are doing H1 transfer. Here you are doing Change of Status from H4 to H1. So you are NOT allowed to work immediately after filing. GO out of US as soon as possible. Filing 290B may not help you much. You have to come back with new stamping.
laststraw
03-23 02:01 PM
Here is my situation:
My EB2 (the job requirement was Undergraduate degree with 5 years of experience) was rejected due to the 3-year degree and is in the appeals process. I have an EB3 pending at NSC for the same labor.
I can also move into a new role which probably has an EB2 requirement of Masters degree. And I have completed my MBA here. Will I be able to use my MBA degree obtained in the USA and port my priority date to a new EB2 application?
Thanks in advance for your assistance
LastStraw
My EB2 (the job requirement was Undergraduate degree with 5 years of experience) was rejected due to the 3-year degree and is in the appeals process. I have an EB3 pending at NSC for the same labor.
I can also move into a new role which probably has an EB2 requirement of Masters degree. And I have completed my MBA here. Will I be able to use my MBA degree obtained in the USA and port my priority date to a new EB2 application?
Thanks in advance for your assistance
LastStraw
pamposh
08-08 12:33 PM
Pamposh:
I am in the same boat. Is there anyway of figuring out whether USCIS Vermont recevied and Fwd to TSC / NSC?
What is your back up plan
VSC received the application based on the tracking info from UPS.
Whether they forwarded it to NSC or TSC- I don't know yet.
based on the question 6 in link below from USCIS, i think they will
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf
BUT when I don't know! what will be the receipt date? Not sure!
No back up plan! I think we should be ok but don't know for sure. Filed on my own so no attorney to go to.
I am in the same boat. Is there anyway of figuring out whether USCIS Vermont recevied and Fwd to TSC / NSC?
What is your back up plan
VSC received the application based on the tracking info from UPS.
Whether they forwarded it to NSC or TSC- I don't know yet.
based on the question 6 in link below from USCIS, i think they will
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf
BUT when I don't know! what will be the receipt date? Not sure!
No back up plan! I think we should be ok but don't know for sure. Filed on my own so no attorney to go to.
needGCcool
09-26 07:14 PM
Congrats................
I have received my physical card on 09/24. This site was a great help and will continue spreading word about IV.
Is anyone here works for Apple Inc.? Need some info. Please send me private message.
Thanks
I have received my physical card on 09/24. This site was a great help and will continue spreading word about IV.
Is anyone here works for Apple Inc.? Need some info. Please send me private message.
Thanks
robert5156
07-27 01:42 PM
yagw,
Regarding your comment
>>BTW, if your address changed (since you mentioned the job is in different city), then you HAVE to file the AR-11 within 10 days. Don't take chance on that...
Since i do not want to rock the boat can i wait till Sep 1st before i submit the address change else they would probably notice why i changed to a different city?
Regarding your comment
>>BTW, if your address changed (since you mentioned the job is in different city), then you HAVE to file the AR-11 within 10 days. Don't take chance on that...
Since i do not want to rock the boat can i wait till Sep 1st before i submit the address change else they would probably notice why i changed to a different city?
No comments:
Post a Comment